Midhyaf is a highly specialised training for employment programme established by Oman Tourism Development Company (OMRAN Group) in partnership with the Ministry of Labour. The programme parallels with the goals of Oman 2040 Vision and the National Tourism Strategy by creating a sustainable platform to increase Omanisation and unlock the potential of Omani talents in the tourism and hospitality sector.
Midhyaf will see collaborative efforts between OMRAN Group, Oman Tourism College, and OMRAN Hospitality Assets to actively mobilise the skills of aspiring Omanis in the hospitality sector.
- The applicant must be Omani (Male/Female)
- The applicant must hold a General Education Diploma, college/university Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree (depending on the discipline)
- The applicant must be registered as a jobseeker at the Ministry of Labour
- The applicant must not exceed 30 years of age
- The applicant should not have benefited from similar training programmes provided by the Ministry of Labour
- Pass all essential tests and personal interviews
- Meet all of the above-mentioned enrolment conditions of the programme
- Accept the training and work requirements
- Pass the initial screening stage
- Pass the preliminary interviews stage
- Pass the performance and personality test stages
- Pass the final interview stage
Up to 12 months from the start of the training programme until the end of the programme graduation, and according to the following training stages:
The first stage: Training at Oman Tourism College
Duration: 4 – 9 months (depending on the programme)
The second stage: On-the-job training
Duration: 3 – 8 months (depending on the programme)
Location: Several hotels under OMRAN Group
A range of factors will be taken into consideration during the assessment and recruitment stages. The job location will be determined based on the actual business requirements for the allocation of human resources.
Midhyaf programme targets Omani youth through a talent management process to prepare them, develop their skills through different phases, and empower them to be competent hoteliers in the future.